verse of the day

Friday 2 July 2021

When ?. ( Romans 11 v 33 - 36 )

                                                 When will I ever learn to live in God?
                                                 When  will  I ever learn ?     
                                                 He gives me everything I need, and more.
                                                 When will I ever learn?
                                                           ( Words Van Morrison)
As I listened to the CD of Van singing these words ,I starting singing along with him, and I became quite emotional, for they struck a real cord within  me. So often  we live in fear ,in anger, doubt, even in unbelief, and I ask myself the question, 'when will I ever learn to live in God?, after all He gives me everything I need and more, when will I ever learn to live in God?.  I look back on my life ,and trace God's wonderful providence ,how  I was saved from drowning as a child, and his care for me in a multitude of ways  . The times in my life I wondered away from Him, and how he never forsook me, and in His great mercy He drew me to Himself again. I think of the times my anger could have destroyed me and hurt those I love, and how He restrained me.  Robert  M. M'Cheyne wrote.

                                               When this passing world is done, 
                                               When has sunk the radiant sun,
                                               When I stand with Christ on high,
                                               Looking o'er life's history,
                                               Then Lord, shall I fully know,
                                               Not till then, how much I owe.                                            
                                           
  

No comments: