verse of the day

Thursday 8 July 2021

Deck chairs. ( Matthew 9 v 9 - 12 )

While on holiday ,we went to the town of Weymouth ,and spent time on the beach,  our youngest son and family were with us. My two grandchildren had great fun ,and we hired deck chairs, when one returned them you received your deposit back .So when  we took them back ,a young fellow was sitting at a table, it was he who would give us our deposit back. As I looked at him, it reminded me of the account of Jesus who came to a man called Matthew who was collecting taxes, and Jesus spoke to him, simply saying ,''Follow Me'', and he did. I took the opportunity  to tell  the young man that story, challenging him to trust Jesus. He said to me, why?, so I said to him, He will forgive you your sins, save you from hell, take you to heaven , and give you a new life. He did not respond much to what I said, I then  said, I would pray for him, and he said thank you. Will you pray for him?, and if you are not a Christian, Jesus is saying to you,'' Follow Me''.

No comments: