verse of the day

Monday 12 July 2021

Secure. ( Isaiah 12 v 2 )

I worked for 20 yrs as a support worker with the mentally ill, I visited people in their homes, monitoring them, seeing  if thy were taking their medication, supporting them in different ways. Mental illness has different levels, it can be very severe and disabling, often irrational fear controls the lives of those who suffer mental illness. for some the safe place is bed, there they don't have to face life and all that means. I wonder were your safe place is?, In the peanuts cartoon strip ,there was a character called Linus, who carried about with him a security blanket, there were those who tried to rid him of  it, with no success. But gradually he outgrew his security blanket , I wonder have you got a security blanket?, quite possible you have. Now of course we live in a very insecure world, and most of us experience fear, and feelings of insecurity. I need not go down  the list of reasons, nor  am I judging anyone.  Looking back on my own life, and those times when I felt insecure and fearful, there are two words that come to mind, 'Trust Me', the Me being God. Remember the character of God, as one who can be trusted, totally, He is not a fair weather friend, He is one who can be relied upon in times of difficulty, remember Child of God , He is your security.

                                              Begone unbelief, My Saviour is near

                                             And for my relief , will surely appear

                                             By prayer let me wrestle and He will perform;

                                             With Christ  in the vessel I smile at the storm.

                                              His love in time past forbids me to think

                                              He'll leave me at last in trouble to sink;

                                              Each sweet Ebenezer I have in review

                                              Confirms His good pleasure to help me quite through.

                                                                 (Words John Newton).


No comments: