verse of the day

Tuesday 27 July 2021

Is that all there is? ( Proverbs 4 v 18 - 19 )

 I like football, or as it can be known also as  soccer,every year the contest called the,' F A cup',takes place . often after watching it,I used have an empty feeling. It reminds me of something I read recently, of  a famous baseball player,whose team had won the championship,to him it felt like an anti climax,and  he is reported to have said,' Is that all there is?'.  As I said ,I like football, but I am grateful that's not all there is, my thoughts turn to a man who from a human point of view, had everything, Power, wealth,women ,etc, he even was granted great wisdom by God. Then he acted foolishly, sinfully,and he lost sight of the meaning of life, he became very cynical, his name was Solomon.Charles Swindoll writes,'He had pushed God out of his life,' and he felt it, and expressed it, in words like this,'Meaningless ! Meaningless!......   Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless'. Next time when you go to a funeral service, or you see a hearse, ask yourself this question, is that all there is?. There is a greater  purpose in life,it can only be found in God ,through trusting Jesus as your Saviour. When you do that, then like a blind man who has suddenly regained his sight,  cried out,' I can see, I can see'.

No comments: