verse of the day

Wednesday 7 July 2021

I wonder ( Luke 24 v 13 ff )

Sometimes I wonder how am I going to get through certain situations, yes how? Do you every feel like that, could be situations at work, at home, situations with friends, whatever. How does a person who has been married to someone for a life time and they die, how oh how, do they get through that situation?. For every situation there is only one answer Jesus, here is what He would say to us, trust Me, take my hand  and I will bring you through. Although we cannot see Him ,He is there as the old hymn reminds us,' Standing somewhere in the shadows you'll find Jesus', could be you have forgotten that .Remember those two people on the Emmaus road, their world had fallen apart, every time they thought of what had  happened, their heart would ache, and feel like breaking .Is that your situation is that how you feel?, what's the point of going on. They were at their lowest ebb what could possible change things?, we read one came on the scene, it was Jesus ,we read that they were kept from recognising Him .But He knew them, He knew the reason for their sadness,, and so He ministered to them, and  their  hearts were touched.

                                                         Sometimes when my faith would falter,

                                                         And no sunlight I can see,

                                                         I just lift my eyes to Jesus,

                                                         And I whisper, Pilot me.

                                                         Fear thou not for I'll be with thee

                                                         I will still thou pilot be,

                                                         Never mind the tossing billows,

                                                         Take my hand and trust in Me.

                                                                Words Emily D. Wilson.

No comments: