verse of the day

Wednesday 28 July 2021

Paradise .(1 ) Genesis 1 v 1 .

I have a little garden,I weed ,I water,I feed, I cut,oh yes, nice gardens don't just happen, but it is rewarding,when I finished working on my garden,I sit down and admire it,it gives me pleasure.In the beginning God our creator, when He had finished  His work of creation, He declared ,' That it was very good'.it looked good,and it was good ( Genesis 1 v 31 ) . It was a perfect work,a finished work,as John Calvin writes,'There is in the symmetry of God's works the highest perfection, to which nothing can be added'.There was a perfect harmony in everything, no note of discord, no imperfections, everything was pleasing to the eye.Such was the world at its beginning,and into that world God placed the man and the woman He had created, in a garden called Eden,Eden means delight ( Genesis 2 v 8). A place as one person puts it, of pristine or natural beauty. there they dwelt in harmony with each other,  it was to all intents and purpose an earthly paradise.That couple were sinless ,and so they had a perfect relationship ,with God  who is sinless,there was nothing between, no sin and no guilt.no fear.,no shame ,no death, everything in the garden was rosy. If only it had stayed that way,if only, we will continue this next time.

No comments: