verse of the day

Saturday 10 July 2021

Muttering ( Hebrews 12 v 1 - 2 )

 Are you a mutterer ?I must confess I am, and I am reminded of this by my wife, who tells me to stop muttering. The fact is I have always been a mutterer, Let explain what muttering is, it is one speaking to oneself in a low voice, complaining expressing dissatisfaction, or annoyance. I jokingly said to my wife, when my family came to see me when I was born, they heard me making low murmurings, my mother said ,oh , he is muttering, and so it continues. I don't think it is a joke ,it is something we do  out of habit, a habit that we need to break, a habit I need to break, where do we start?, by being honest, But the problem is this, as with all habits, they are hard to break, yes lets start to involve all wrong habits, swearing ,lying, violence, alcohol, over eating, sexual, covetousness, we with the list goes on ,and on and on. Yes they are hard to break ,with good  intentions we try ,but  fail, it becomes like new  year resolutions, we make  them, we break them. So what  can we do? Lets take them seriously ,see them for what they are, bad habits. first of all pray, confessing there sinfulness, and ask forgiveness, and ask for  God to help you. God may require you and direct you to receive professional help. In faith go forward ,praying continually, relying on God each step of the way, in the strength, of your Saviour.

No comments: