verse of the day

Thursday 15 July 2021

Gifts ( Romans 3 v 36 )

Melanie Reid has a column in the Times newspaper, it is called ,'Spinal  Column', Melanie is tetraplegic after breaking her neck and back in a riding accident. In a recent article ,she wrote, 'Don't think I'm not grateful....but  here are the 30 gifts I never want to receive again'. Here are a few, 'Any hardback book that weighs over 150g.Tickets to anywhere, because I have no where to go. Rings, My  knuckles are to big .Delicate neck chains . Because I can't feel them, break them , and feel bad.' Lovely though these gifts are they are not suitable, because of Melanie's condition, they are in a sense unwanted gifts. We have I am sure all received gifts that we don't want, we appreciate the thought, but those unwanted gifts will end up in a charity shop. The most precious gift I have ever received was eternal life when I accepted Jesus as my Saviour.  Sad to say many have not received that gift, yet  it is offered to the whosoever, it is a gift you cannot buy it, or even merit , it is free, absolutely  free. Without this gift there is no hope of heaven, but you say what about my sin?, total forgiveness comes with the gift. Believe on the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved, 

                                               There's a way back to God 

                                                From the dark paths of sin,

                                                There's a door that is open

                                                 and you may go in,

                                                 Calvary's Cross is where you 

                                                 When you come as a sinner

                                                            To  Jesus'

No comments: