verse of the day

Sunday 25 July 2021

New phone. ( Romans 3 v 23 )

 I bought a new phone awhile back. I liked my old phone, and I  hankered after it, eventually  I  went back to the place I purchased my new phone, and asked If I could transfer what was on my new phone, to my old phone, he said no, explaining to me why. He then said ,''you have to move on'', I thought about what he  said and I saw the wisdom in those words .Many people embrace change, but many of us want to hold unto the past.Many years ago the Presbyterian church in Ireland updated their hymn book,my oh my, that caused a stir,there were those who could not accept this.The fact is , we live in a world  that is always changing, and we must learn to adopt, it is the only way,or should we say, it is the only sensible way. we must move on. I am sure there are many fine  Mennonite Christians, all I  can think of  is ,why  do they still live in the past?.  Well, so be it, but what should never change ,for us as Christians, is truth, the fact is humanity will always be sinners, who need the Saviour our Lord Jesus Christ, that will never change.

No comments: