verse of the day

Monday 19 July 2021

Ruthless Trust. ( Isaiah 12 v 2 )

I  borrowed the words 'Ruthless Trust', from the title of a book by Brennan Manning, it made me think how appropriate, for all who will embrace faith in God, which always starts at the cross, were we trust Christ as our Saviour. What does ruthless mean?, it can be understood as being harsh even cruel. But it can have a good aspect to it, in our relationship with God, who desires that we trust Him unconditionally. One person  speaks of, 'heroic courage', in a loving God, no matter what happens'. Think of the courage it took for  Job to declare as regards God, ''Though He slay me, yet I will trust Him'', Job 13 v 15. He lost all his ,children, wealth, health, and  his friends were saying it was his fault, which it wasn't . A person wad asked to define  his life in one sentence, he replied,'' I can define it in a single word, 'Trust'.  When I am experiencing some difficulty ,I often hear these two words in my mind ,'Trust Me', it is as if God is talking to me. We all have a choice ,do we let unbelief, bitterness, suspicion, take over,  or we can ruthlessly cut across them, and trust our sovereign loving God?.

                                                     Trust in the Lord with all you heart,

                                                     And lean not upon your own understanding.

                                                                   Proverbs 3 v 5 .

.


?

No comments: