verse of the day

Saturday 10 October 2020

The ultimate purpose in life. ( John 17 v 1 - 5 )

 I wonder what you think is the ultimate purpose of life,for us as believers?, serving God, yes we should all be serving God.But what has the apostle Paul to say as regards his service to God?,in Romans 15 v 17-18, he writes,'I glory in Christ in my service to God.'Yes I dare not boast about anything  except what Christ has done through me'. Stuart Townsend in that lovely hymn he wrote,'How deep the Father's love for us', penned these words,'I will not boast in anything,no gifts,no  power,no wisdom,but I  will boast in Jesus Christ, His death and resurrection.' The moon cannot boast as regards as having light in itself, because it is a dead planet, the moon only reflects back to earth, the light from the sun.Without the sun it can do nothing ,hear what our blessed Saviour said,''apart from me you can do nothing''( John 15 v 5 ) The world is full of people who boast what they can do,those self made men and women,but the Christian says 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me'( Philippians 4 v 13 ).There is no room for pride in the Kingdom of God,which leads us back to where we started,our ultimate purpose in life, the answer being ,to glorify God. C.T.Studd (missionary )  wrote ,'Only one life;'twill soon be past,only whats done for Christ will last', it will last ,if we do it for the glory of God and that alone.

No comments: