verse of the day

Friday 16 October 2020

Heaven . ( John 14 v 1- 6 )

I do not imagine a lot of people give a great deal of thought about heaven, people differ as to what they believe, as to what will happen when they die.For some there is no after death,for others it is  reincarnation,for others there is an after life,I fall into that category.As a Christian I believe in an after life,why do I believe this, because of Jesus who returned to heaven , Acts 1..As a Christian I am not on a road leading nowhere,I have a destiny ,a sure and a certain hope,one commentator writes of a world going nowhere.The Bible speaks of Christians longing for a better country,a heavenly one,it will be better in every way than this world,rest assured of that,no more death,no more suffering.I am not sure what Gods plans are for us in heaven ,but I know it will be wonderful,eternity will be glorious.The Bible says ,'if in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied' . ( 1 Corinthians 15 v 19 ),but of course we have hope, of a wonderful glorious future ,because of Christs resurrection .Which leads me on to answer the question ,how do we get to heaven?,We read in Colossians 1 v 27 these profound words , 'Christ in you the hope of glory'.without Christ in you there is no hope of glory. In the words of a hymn ,'Christ died that we might go to heaven,saved by his precious blood'. If you desire to go to heaven then ask Christ to be your Saviour,to forgive you, your sins,when you do that,the barrier to heaven is removed,you become a Child of God,and you will receive a wonderful welcome home.

No comments: