verse of the day

Wednesday 21 October 2020

Past hurts ( 1 Corinthians 13 v 4 - 5 . NIV )

 A friend observed how kind and considerate she was ,to people who had hurt her,so he asked her why was she kind to those who had hurt her?. She replied ,'' I cant remember when I  forgotten that''.I wonder do you find it hard to forget wrongs?.We may forgive but do we forget,not only  remember but stew over it.In Jeremiah 31 we have the promise of a new covenant,God declares as to all who would come under that new covenant,''For I will forgive their wickedness,and will remember their sins no more'' ( v 34 ). For those who come to Jesus ,and experience salvation.they will not only receive   forgiveness ,but all their sins will  also be forgotten. Is it possible like God we can choose not to remember? although we may struggle with this, I say we,because I struggle to forget .Let us ask the question how do we overcome evil?,how can we overcome the past hurts,consider what God says first of all,'' For I will forgive their wickedness''.so the first step must be for us to forgive, I know a person who has held a spirit of unforgiveness for decades. The next thing is,we need to choose is  not dwell on the past hurts,and the person who caused the  hurts. How? by asking the Holy Spirit to help us,it is possible to get victory,in Jesus name.  Harriet Auber  wrote, 'Our blest Redeemer,ere He breathed His tender ,last farewell, A guide, a comforter bequeathed with us to dwell. And every virtue we possess,and every victory won, and every thought of  holiness,are His alone'.

No comments: