verse of the day

Sunday 18 October 2020

I miss Him . ( Song of Songs 5 v 16 )

 When Charles Templeton was in his 8os,he was interviewed,he was asked the question,how did he assess  this Jesus,he was still an agnostic,yet this is some of what he said,''He was the  greatest human being that ever lived .He was a moral genius,his ethical sense was unique. He was intrinsically the wisest person,I've ever encountered. His commitment was total,and led to his death,much to detriment of the world. Although it may sound strange,but I have to say,'' I adore Him''. There have been many wonderful people,but Jesus is Jesus' Charles at this point became emotional and tearful and his voice began to crack,as he uttered the following words,''I...Miss...Him ''.Those final words are so very tragic,so very sad, 'I miss Him',all that man said about Jesus,was grand ,but there so much more could be said,that He was the Son of God,who became the Son of Man,who became obedient to death on the cross,for sinners like you and me,Don't you miss Him,accept him as your Saviour, and if you have got away from Him,come back to him,He will receive you with open arms.

No comments: