verse of the day

Saturday 17 October 2020

A tale of two men. ( Proverbs 3 v 5- 6 )

 I don't suppose you have  ever heard of Charles Templeton, during the 1940 s/50s he was a fellow evangelist with Billy Graham.He had a dynamic ministry that even surpassed Billy Grahams ,many thousand came to know Christ through his ministry.He changed when he attended a semiar ,there he began to have a crises of faith,especially the account of creation,he could not reconcile this with evolution.The result was, he declared himself an agnostic,and ceased being an evangelist.He spoke to his friend Billy Graham challenging him as regards his belief,in creation.Billy replied,''I believe the Genesis account because its in the Bible''. I've  discovered something in my ministry; When I take my Bible literally and proclaim it as the word of God, my preaching has power. When I stand on the platform and say,'God says,or the Bible says' The Holy Spirit uses me,there are results. I've stopped questioning and accept the Bible as Gods word.I don't know about anybody else,I've decided that's the path for me'. In this age that we live in,so many ministers are like Charles Templeton, so many things they do not believe, in the Bible,We thank God for Billy Graham,let us follow in his footsteps,and have faith in Gods word.

No comments: