verse of the day

Thursday 8 October 2020

Be faithful ( Proverbs 20 v 6)

 I shot a prayer up to God,it was a question,'What do you want me to do Lord?,',and the thought came into my mind,'be faithful'.What will Jesus say when  we stand before him?,''Well done good and faithful servant'  (Matthew 25 v 21 ). I hope we will all hear those words.,faithful,one of the qualities of God is His faithfulness 1 Corinthians 1 v 9 , tells us ,'God is faithful.',simple and plain, praise God that he is faithful,without his faithfulness where would we be?. In Proverbs 20 v 6,we read,'Many claim to have unfailing love, but a faithful person who can find'.?.Is the writer being to cynical? I am sure we would all like to think that we would always be faithful,we would protest if someone said we where not.Consider that awful night when they came to arrest our Saviour,we read,'Then everyone deserted him and fled'(Mark 14 v 50),yet earlier that evening they had all, not just Peter,  said that they would never do that v 31,I wonder would you or I have acted differently?. Yet our faithful Lord challenges all his followers to be faithful,it is a massive challenge,consider the following,in relation to being faithful in marriage,. I have been married twice, my first wife died,so I have a good idea,what it takes in any marriage . I do not consider my self an expert,so here is a few words from Charles Swindoll,''The married life is hard,yes, healthy marriages can bring love,joy, fulfillment,and excitement, all at a high cost of production. '' He goes unto to say ,''That far too many young couples who rush passionately into  a marriage commitment without fully understanding that the marriage life is hard work''.Hard in all, as it may be,the Christian is called to be faithful. 

No comments: