verse of the day

Wednesday 28 October 2020

Oblivion. ( John 3 v 16 )

Lying on my desk is a rose ,it is no longer , a  thing of beauty, it comes from a bunch of roses I bought,when I purchased them ,they were lovely ,truly a thing of beauty. Not now, only fit to be thrown out,the poet wrote as regards roses,'Here they bloom but for a season,soon their beauty is decayed'. But then it goes unto sat,'I am going to a city were the roses never fade',it reminds me of the words of a well known hymn.  'Change and decay in all around I see;'And it all ends in one way,death,there is no escape, it will come to us all, one day ,then what?,David Hockney the artist, is 83, was being interviewed, said, ''I expect I will die soon'',when asked did he believe in an afterlife?,he replied,'' Then oblivion''.So that's it,oblivion?, we are all end up dead roses,just another dead rose. The Christian message  teaches that there  is a life after death,how I do know this?,the answer is Jesus, who died,yet rose from the dead,as he said he would,and after his resurrection he appeared to over 500 people ( 1 Corinthians 15 v 3 - 8 ). This Jesus promised that all who believed in him,even though they die, they would live. ( John 11 v 25 ),and dwell with him eternally in heaven.You may ask what happens to those who don't believe?,well they die of course ,but it will not be oblivion,they will exist,in that place of eternal judgement,spiritually dead . Both these options must be taken seriously,it is your choice,heaven or hell,God in mercy offers you life eternal,believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.

No comments: