verse of the day

Sunday 11 October 2020

''I'll be back''. ( Acts 1 v 9 - 11 )

A famous actor is remembered for a phrase he used in one of his movies,''I'll be back'',I don't think I ever saw the movie. I'll be back,someone more important than any film star,said a similar thing,it was Jesus,it was on the night he would be betrayed,it was the night when all good Jews would keep the Passover .he knew that he was going to die ,and return to heaven,to prepare a place for his followers,and he adds ,''I will come back and take you to be with me  that you also may be where I am''. (John 14 v 3 ). As a Christian of many years, I have witnessed how many Christians are divided about the end times,and I think it is sad.Maybe I am over simplifying things when I say ,that their systems,and idea's become more important than Jesus,and his very simple, profound glorious promise ,''I will come back''  These words spoken by Jesus, have blinded  many to the fact that it is a blessed hope,not given, to cause division and bitterness.It is John the beloved disciple who records the words of Jesus in Revelation 22 v 20 ,''Surely I am coming quickly'', Johns response was this,'' Amen. Even so,come, Lord Jesus''.

No comments: