verse of the day

Friday 21 August 2020

The wow factor. ( John 4 v 1 - 26 )

 The only time I have seen the Grand Canyon is on the TV ,or in the movies, it is situated in N. Arizona,it is over 200 miles long,and is about a mile deep, the Colorado river runs along its base. I have a friend who visited the canyon,seemingly there are platforms that take one right out over the canyon.My friend shared his experience, as he walked unto one of the platforms,he felt a wow factor,it was amazing..So he walked along and walked out on another platform, felt it was great,I cannot remember how many more platforms he went out on,but by the time he got to the last one,the wow factor had gone.There are so many things like that,when we purchase a car,or we see some new technology, or  some scientific discover. Children soon discard their toys, the wow factor soon goes,the greatest example of a person loosing the wow factor, is found in the book of Ecclesiastes.The book is about a King  who tried everything, I mean everything,and all he ends up saying,''everything was meaningless''.A certain footballer said there is only so many watches one can buy,why is mankind always chasing after that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?,the truth is this ,if they found it , it would soon loose the wow factor. In John 4 our Saviour spoke to a women who came to a well to draw water ,He said to her,whoever drinks of the water from that well would thirst again,but whoever drinks the water I  give them will never thirst.  Are you thirsty?have you discovered that the wow factor is gone from your life?, 56 yrs ago Christ changed my ,like many there was a deep longing  that the things of this world could not satisfy. 'O Christ in Thee my soul has hath found, and found in Thee alone. The peace ,the joy I sought so long, the bliss till now unknown. Now none but Christ can satisfy,none other name for me; There's love  and life and lasting joy,Lord Jesus ,found in Thee'

No comments: