verse of the day

Wednesday 26 August 2020

Different ( Romans 12 v 1 - 2 )

 John Stott wrote, 'The followers of  Jesus are to be different- different from both the nominal church and the secular world,different from both the religious , and the irreligious'. I wonder what you make of  that,I once started to wear a bow  tie, very few people wear bow ties ,I didn't do it to be different, I know some people thought it was funny, I felt a bit uncomfortable with that.Then I felt I should wear a little cross, it seemed to me an innocent thing to do, but some Christians didn't think so. When Jesus says to us, follow Me,it brings a challenge, to be holy, in other words,our lives our consecrated to God.we become temples wherein God dwells. Romans 12 v 2 reads,'Do not be conformed to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind'.When we become Christians we bring with us a lot of  sinful rubbish in our minds,things need to change..The rest of the verse reads,'then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good,pleasing and perfect will'.Unlike the non-Christian we are to be focused on God's will for our lives.As John Stott points out,' These two value systems (this world and God's will) are incompatible,even in direct collision with one another'.Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to show you how you should be different

No comments: