verse of the day

Thursday 13 August 2020

Mine is thine. ( Isaiah 26 v 3 - 4 )

 We carry on looking at Psalm 27 ,we now consider v 12- 13'  Do not let me fall into their hands. For they accuse me of things I've never done; with every breath they threaten me with violence.Yet I am confident I  will see the Lords goodness,while I am here in the land of the living.' I would like us to  focus  on the last part of that reading ,here is David and he is under great pressure,it would have been so easy to give into despair,and like Jacob of old cry out,'everything is going against me  ', but he didn't instead ,he makes a statement of faith,' Yet I am confident I will see the Lords goodness,while I am here in the land of the living'.Why ? ,because his God had not changed,he had experienced so many providential deliverances in his life. As a young shepherd boy he had overcome a lion and a bear,and as a young lad he had faced a giant ,and slew him.Likewise the Lord had preserved him when King Saul had sought to kill him, and had failed,because God was with him,and as the scripture says, 'if  God is for us who can be against us' ,  (Romans 8 v 31) The sun shall shine again for David,his enemies will be defeated,as God had promised  he would become King of Israel, (1   Samuel 13 v 14 ).  Remember dear child of God you are precious to Him, Gatesby Paget  wrote the following,'So dear, so very dear to God, more dear I cannot be; The love wherewith He loves the Son, such is His love to me.  Why should I ever anxious be,since such a God is mine?, He watches o'er me night and day,and tells me mine is thine.'.

No comments: