verse of the day

Saturday 29 August 2020

If. ( Psalm 124 }

 As I sat in my living room I looked at a photo of my two older brothers and myself ,when we  were  very ,young, I must have been about six yrs of aged.And I said to myself,' from there to now',yes it was a  long time ago,many ,many things have happened, I could not help but think how the Lord has brought me through so much. As a youngster I trusted the Lord,and until the age of twenty my relationship was a stop and go thing,yet even though I was unfaithful , He remained faithful, and brought me through those years ,I may not have been aware of it ,but looking back on my whole life I can see His providential care. By faith I can trace His gracious hand being upon my life,yes from there to now.David  reflecting on Israels journey, declares,' If the Lord had not been on our side,let Israel say-if the Lord had not been on our side when people attacked us, they would have swallowed us up alive when their anger flared against us; the flood would have engulfed us,the torrent would have swept over us, the raging waters would have swept us away'( Psalm 124 v 1 - 5 )  We who are the Israel of God ,can truly say an Amen to those words.One commentator says,'What would have happened if He had not been our Defender,Provider, and Guide?.Every child of God, no matter how poor and humble has the assurance of  Scripture that the mighty God is ever on their side protecting them from all destructive hordes; and blessed be the name of Jehovah, one with Him is ever in the majority''.

No comments: