verse of the day

Monday 17 August 2020

Little foxes. ( Acts 24 - 16 )

In the Song of Solomon 2 v 15,we read, 'Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vine', not just foxes but little foxes.One could look at the little foxes and think,O they are lovely, so cute, I would love to have one for a pet,the dear wee things,but the reality is this,these little foxes are destructive being,they are not playthings,no they are pests,that need to be put down.Let us never underestimate the destructiveness of those things that can be likened unto ,'little foxes'.A person I  respect was asking me to do something ,he used  the word pretend,I asked him what he meant by pretend,he explained what he meant,it did not sound right to me ,it sounded like he wanted me to do something that was wrong,so I said no. I like football ,I was told that one could watch games, for free, I asked a friend about it,he said it was not legal, so I will not be watching  that.These things could be seen as  not important,and yet they are important,for they are the little foxes,likened unto little sins, and they can do us a lot of harm,The first sin was that of eating of the fruit of a tree, such a little thing,but it had horrendous consequences.Let us never think that little sins are of no importance,they are ,don't  be fooled or deceived,and don't think they don't matter to our Holy God ,they do.

No comments: