verse of the day

Sunday 9 August 2020

He will not Fail you. ( Psalm 121 )

We considered Psalm 27 v 8,were God invites David to talk to him,so what did he say to God?,v9  we have him feeling very conscious of his faults and failings, he does not come to God on the high ground of perfection,but that of a saved sinner,who needs his Gods help.I heard a so called preacher who said that one should not pray that you are not worthy,one of the greatest hymns ever written was ,'Just as I am',the writer was Charlotte Elliott.It  was at a time of great weakness, she felt so unworthy,so she wrote that wonderful hymn,the first verse starts with these words,'Just as I am without one plea,but that Thy blood was shed for me,and that Thou bidd'st me come to Thee,O Lamb of God, I come ' In Revelation 5 v 4,we read,'no one was found worthy'. The fact is, are acceptance with God is depending on Jesus ,righteousness, ( 1 Corinthians 1 v 30 ) .David further declares to God ,'You have always been my helper', God does not get tired of helping us,He does not say,O here they come again,no He does not say that,rather throughout scripture God assures His children of His help.  CP Isaiah 41 v 10/ Psalm 50 v 15, reads ,'Then call on me when you are in trouble,and I will rescue you,and you will give me glory'.I end with a verse from a hymn by John Newton,'His love in times past,forbids me to think.,He'll leave me at last in trouble to sink. Each sweet Ebenezer I have in review,confirms His good pleasure ,to help me quite through'.

No comments: