verse of the day

Wednesday 12 August 2020

A threefold request. ( Ephesians 6 v 10 - 18 )

We continue to consider Psalm 27, we are going to look at v 11,which reads,' Teach me how to live,O Lord ,Lead me along the right path,for my enemies are waiting for me'. First let us consider his requests,for God to teach him how to live,the AV puts it like this,'Teach me thy way o Lord'.He wanted to live God's way. A popular song goes,'I've done it my way'.no wonder it was popular,because most people are on a road called,'My way'.but when you trust Christ, we hear him speaking to us,and He says very simply,  'Follow Me' . Are you prepared for that?,are you prepared  for what that may mean?.Next he says',  'Lead me along the right path',or a plain path,we live in a world of great confusion,when our Saviour looked at the multitudes,he described them as sheep without a shepherd,in those  days the shepherd walked before the sheep,in other words he led them,. If we are following Jesus, hear this ,it will not be into confusion,he will guide and direct us,and will lead us on a road that is going somewhere to heaven.Lastly we consider,' For my enemies are waiting for me',for every  child of God there are enemies ,one comes to mind, I would call him the enemy within,there is a saying which goes,'you are your own worse enemy', and we are, so often.we let down our guard,and let so many things in,we play with fire forgetting that we can get burnt. and then we have the sins that so easy trip us up ( Hebrews 12 v 1  ),the wandering eye,yes we are, our own worse  enemies.,Here is a little prayer we could pray,'  Lord save me from myself, in Jesus name Amen.'

No comments: