verse of the day

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Never. ( Matthew 28 v 20 )

We move on in Psalm 27 to look at v 10, which reads 'Even if my father and mother abandon me, the  Lord will hold me close'. Earthly parents can fail us and even forsake us,for different reasons,many children in these days have no idea who there father is, Spurgeon  writes ,' Some of the greatest of saints ,have been cast out by their families'. When many Muslims come to Christ their families disown them, for that to happen to anyone  is devastating .David brings to our notice something that is unthinkable,being  abandoned by ones parents, especially at a time of deep trouble..That is the bad news,now the good news, ,he writes ,even if that happened ,the Lord would not forsake him.As an old man David could write ,'Once I was young,and now I am old. Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned'. ( Psalm 37 v 25 ) ,he could write this ,because of God's faithfulness.In  Hebrews 13 v 5- 6, we read,'For God has said,I will never fail you,I will never abandon you.So we can say with confidence. The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear'.Dear child of God remember,God will never forsake you.

No comments: