verse of the day

Thursday 12 January 2017

Stealing [ Ephesians 4 v 28 ]

I went to the store to purchase a audio cd, I  looked in the usual place, but could not find that section, I asked an assistant, who informed me where they were. They were situated  behind the girl at the till, I spoke to her and she informed me they had to be moved because people were stealing them, I did managed to purchase one. Shoplifting is a big problem ,I wonder how great a problem stealing is in our country?. In some Islamic countries people caught steal have hands cut off as a punishment, now I believe that this is cruel, but it makes me wonder if it was practised where we live, how many people would be walking about with no limbs?, not that I would want that.The word of God tells us we should not steal [Exodus 20 v15],in other words it is a sin, it takes many forms, Internet fraud, stealing from the vulnerable, the old and elderly, stealing from employers. Stealing is wrong, but it is a reminder to us all that we as human beings are sinful fallen creatures, we all to some degree, steal from God, instead giving Him the glory we want the glory, and so we become thieves.
                                         A  prayer.
Dear God have mercy upon us thieves, preserve us from the sin of stealing be it another persons husband or wife, or whatever. Help us to see that it is not just an evil thing to do, but that it is a sinful thing , and like all sin it has dire consequences, in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: