verse of the day

Monday 16 January 2017

Like Jesus. [ 1 John 3 v1- 3 ]

These thoughts came to me ,''I am not what I once was, I am not what I should be,but in a time in the future I will be what I should be''. Yes when Christ saved me my sins where all forgiven, yes there was a change, for the better. When one comes to Christ there is deliverance, we are changed for
the better, yes we are not what we once where. But of course there is still the on going  need of Change, I still get it wrong at times I still sin, I am far from perfect, but there is process going on, we call it sanctification. We have the Holy Spirit within us, who enables us to change, but because we are still in as Paul puts it,  this body of death ,[Romans 7 v 25]we are continually faced with temptations, it is a continual struggle. That means we must rely on Gods Spirit to give us the victory, when we  fail to rely on the Spirit we will fail and fall, then we must turn  and seek forgiveness, in  1 John 1 v 9,we read, ''But if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins, and purify us from all unrighteousness''.  Someone has said we are a work in progress, yes we are not what we should be , but one day all that will change, we shall be  fully changed, fully saved from all that is wrong within us, Yes the change will be amazing,for on that day we shall be like Jesus [1 John 3 v 2]
                                         A prayer.
Dear God we praise and thank You for the change you have ,and are making in our lives, We ask for grace to rely on Your Spirit every hour of every day, to be overcomers, and not despair.  We look forward to that day when we will be totally saved from all wrong in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments: