verse of the day

Sunday 23 October 2016

The Living Word. [ Luke 24 v 25-27 ]

In recent times I have been seeking to study every book in the Bible,I have
used a particular study guide,which I have found very helpful.I am about to study that wonderful book of Hebrews.People have different opinion's as
to who wrote this book,the writers name is not mentioned,I personally think Paul wrote it,the great John Calvin did not,the most important thing is not to get to worked up about this,for it in no way,effects  its message .The most important thing for you and me is to read and to understand it,it is Gods word,like the manna of old it is has come down from heaven,to feed our souls,likewise every book in the Bible.I would encourage you to not only read the Bible but to understand it,don't just depend on your minister,let
us all ,''Study to shew ourselves approved unto God,a workmen that needeth
not to be ashamed,rightly dividing the word of truth''[2 Timothy 2 v15].
                   
                                 Break Thou the bread of life,
                                 Dear Lord to me,
                                 As Thou didst break the loaves
                                 Beside the sea;
                                 Beyond the sacred page
                                 I seek Thee ,Lord,
                                 My spirit pants for Thee,
                                 O Living Word.
                                  [Words by Mary  A. Lathbury]

No comments: