verse of the day

Wednesday 19 October 2016

A call to preach. [ 2 Timothy 4 v 1-5 ]

I suppose one  thing that would frustrate me is not preaching,when I stood down as a minister,the desire to preach remained.Yet it is very challenging thing to do,I am my own worse critic,I am continually trying to improve,yet I sometimes wonder is there any improvement?.It seems in looking back over my ministry,I usually minister to small groups,yet I do not mind as long as I am preaching,if that's the way God wants it,so be it,People apologise to me that the numbers are down,so what,the few as well as the many need to hear Gods word.I am called to be faithful that's what matters,not just to my preaching,but as to what I preach.I have not only to be true to myself,but to my Saviour.Today a man said to me that he had to make a decision,whither to have breakfast,or go to the chapel,he choose chapel.He made the right decision,like Mary of old,he choose that better part,what is that to do with preaching?.Well it means ,that he had a hunger for Gods word,and it was my responsibility to feed him,hopefully I did.
                                      A prayer.
Dear God grant grace to those who feel called to preach,help them to be faithful,in fulfilling their ministry,and all that means, in Jesus name Amen

No comments: