verse of the day

Tuesday 24 November 2015

Safe and secure. [ Psalm 121 ]

Leaning,leaning,safe and secure from all alarms.Leaning,leaning,leaning on
the everlasting arms. The question is, can you say this, can I say this?,do we feel safe and secure?,the words of that old hymn ,come as a challenge,and a comfort.A challenge,as to what we are trusting in?,is it in the Lord?,or is it in self,remember Samson,he who slew Gods enemies. He was strong but he had a weakness,in the shape of a woman called Delilah,and she managed
to find  out the secret of his strength.So while he slept she gave him a
haircut,he was a Nazerite ,which meant he had to abide to certain conditions
,one of them was he was not to have his hair cut.The moment he had his hair cut  ,the Lord departed from him[Judges 16 v20].In other words he
lost his strength,and then he lost his eyes,and then he lost his freedom.Like Samson we can easily forget where are strength and security lies,not in any natural ability,be it our natural fitness,or our finance's. No, none of these things can be seen as a child of Gods security.Here is the word of the Lord
for all of us today,The Lord is my light and my salvation,whom shall I fear?
the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid. [Psalm 27 v1 ]
                                What have I to dread,what have I to dread,
                                 Leaning on the everlasting arms;
                                I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
                                 Leaning on the everlasting arms.
                                 [Words by E.F. Hoffman ]

No comments: