verse of the day

Tuesday 3 November 2015

Death. [John 11 v25-26]

One of Charles Dickens greatest novel's,is ,/A tale of two cities/,it is a historical novel,and Dickens based his historical detail on Carlyle's great
work- The French Revolution.The French revolution was a bloody affair
with many dear people being executed.In a tale of two cities we have an unlikely hero ,an English man,Sydney Carton,who saves someone from being executed by taking his place,and as he faces the guillotine,Dickens has him uttering,words that is described as throwing a sacredness over all the proceeding's. As Sydney faces death he quotes those sacred words ,spoken by our Saviour,/I am the resurrection,and the life:he that believeth in me,though he were dead yet shall he live[John 11 v25].What hope does the scientists,philosopher's,the money people give to help us as we face death?,none whatsoever.I visited a man recently who has cancer
what hope has he?Christ,and only faith in Christ can gave us hope a sure and certain hope.The question I ask you,have you got this hope?,with that hope  Sydney Carton,could say /It is a far, far better thing that
I do,than I have ever done;it is a far , far better rest that I go to than I have ever known./
                                       A prayer.
Dear Lord we thank you when we face the valley of the shadow of death we need fear no evil if we know you as our Saviour. Amen.

No comments: