verse of the day

Saturday 31 October 2015

Who can meet our deepest need?. [ Romans 5 v 6 - 8 ]

My wife and I were visiting her sister,and daughter,during the evening the daughter started asking questions about the Pope.I was doing my best to answer her ,but I found it hard as the young girl is not the easiest to communicate with,so in the end I said,it is not important about the Pope,or whatever,whats important is knowing Jesus personally as ones saviour. It is the nature of humanity to want to know,but sad to say ,not the knowledge of knowing the Christ of the Bible,with the result they go deeper and deeper,
into the quagmire of unbelief,and darkness.As a great Theologian said when he was asked to tell of some deep spiritual insight,he simply replied,Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so. As a child I trusted Jesus as
my Saviour,I did not know any deep spiritual truths,but I found in Jesus,even as a child the one who saved me and met my deepest need.I
wandered away from Him,and as a young man I attended a church service,I do not remember what was preached,but again I came in all my need,to the only one who can meet that need, Jesus.
                                     A  prayer.
Dear God we praise and thank you for Jesus who alone can meet the deepset need of the human heart ,Amen.

No comments: