verse of the day

Monday 26 October 2015

Speaking the truth [ Ephesians 4 v25 ]

In the book of Proverbs 30 v7-9, we read,/ O God I beg two favours from you; let me have them before I die. First , help me never to lie. Second ,give me neither poverty nor riches,give me just enough to satisfy my needs.For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say,who is the Lord,and if I am poor, I may steal and thus insult God's holy name./ Consider his first request ,that he may be truthful,he see's that as very important,how important it is to you and me?.In Proverbs 12 v22,we read,/The Lord detests lying lips,but He delights in men who are truthful/.People tell lies for a number of reasons,
when a person is wanting to hide a wrong that they are doing,to take
advantage of someone,or to deceive.Hitler was a liar on a massive scale
a life of nation or a person,that is built on lives,will have consequences.The
word of God tells us , /be sure your sin will find you out[Numbers 32v23]
While some lie's have more serious consequences than others,that does not
give us an excuse to tell what we think are white lies,God is not colour blind
a lie is a lie for all that.
                                           A  prayer.
Dead God ,help us not to live a lie,or tell a lie, in Jesus name Amen .

No comments: