verse of the day

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Well we can try [ Philippians 3 v 12 ]

I  do believe that there are no perfect drivers,driving is not one aspect of life that is perfect,no because there are no perfect people,and this is very clearly seen,if you are a driver. I make mistakes when I drive, ask my wife,so that's
it,no we can aim for perfection,although we may never get there.Yes there is no reason why we cant aim for perfection in driving,in our marriages,our work,now we will never be perfect,but we can say I going by the grace of God try.
 Our Saviour said to His disciples,/Be ye therefore perfect,even as your father which is heaven is perfect[Matthew 5 v45]/. So is Jesus saying we can reach perfection?,there are some Christians who believe they can reach
sinless perfection. 1 John 1v8 reads,if we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves,and the truth is not in us.I remember a person accused me of not being a Christian because I acknowledged that I was not perfect,that I did sin.
    Yes we are not perfect,but we can still aim for it ,we can still by Gods grace overcome the sins that so easily beset us.
                                    A  prayer
Dear God we come to You in all our imperfectness, help us to aim at lives
that  by Your grace we may ever strive to be like You ,in Jesus name Amen .
   
   

No comments: