verse of the day

Saturday 7 February 2015

That unmentionable place. [John 3 v16 ]

We all have likes and dislikes,I must confess I do not like it when it snows,
snow is alright in Christmas cards,or for those who like skying.  Yet I
cannot do anything about it,the weather is not subject to my likes and dislikes. This goes for a lot of things ,serious things,like death,I am attending a funeral this morning,death does not ask our permission,it matters not who it is,young ,old or middle age. It is the great leveller,the most powerful man in the world has no power over death.The word of God
tells us clearly,it is appointed unto men once to die,no there is no reincarnation,you just die once,and indeed once is enough.My wife has just
taken out a life policy,it is good to be prepared financially,but it does not stop there,for we are told that there is after death existence.Oh yes death in some ways is the beginning of an existence that will never end,it opens the door to two possible destinies,one is called heaven,the other is that unmentionable place,can you guess what it is?,I do sincerely pray that no
one reading this blog will end up in that unmentionable place,I do not like to talk about it,but I must,as a Christian minister I must warn people about the awful consequences of dying with out Christ.Believe me when I tell you
better to have not been born,than to go that place,I don't want anybody go to such a place,God does not want you to go to that place,that is why He sent Jesus,that no one need go to such a place,and suffer such a fate.
                                      A prayer.
Dear God You so loved the world that You gave Your only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him will not perish but have everlasting life,for
this we thank You.Amen.

No comments: