verse of the day

Tuesday 17 February 2015

All of lifes eventualites.[Psalm 23]

Worry,we all worry,God knows,I suppose that is why He put so many fear not's in His word, why he gave us the 23rd Psalm,and many other reassuring
scriptures. Yet we still worry,anxious thoughts fill our hearts,what if?,what will happen?,how can I manage?,these and many other thoughts crowd our mind. Yes our mind,how easily we slip into the lower gear of fear,I remember learning to drive,then I drove a manual,and one of the things ,we had to learn was a hill start.It was so easily to roll back,and it is like that in
life,we come to the hills of difficulties,and we struggle,and we roll back to the the place of unbelief,to the place of fear,and concerns,and instead of
experiencing ,peace perfect peace,we experience fear.
     I love the character Elijah ,what a mighty man of God,when he prayed things  really happened,miracles were performed.Boys a dear, what a man,
 stop there ,he was a man,and like you and I, he experienced,depression,
and despair,he wanted to die.How did God respond? did He tell him off,no,
did He reject him ?, no.So what did he do?He spoke with a still small voice,
a gentle whisper,God was not in the strong wind,or the mighty earthquake,
or the fire. None of those things harmed him,fearful though they may have been,no,and none of those things that we are worried about will harm us,they may alarm us,but God,whispers,fear thou not,for I am with you,
be not dismayed,for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee,yea I will help thee,yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness[Isaiah 41 v10]
                                    A  prayer
Dear God in our utter weakness we cry unto You ,that You will grant us peace,and faith for all of life's eventualities in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: