verse of the day

Thursday 5 February 2015

God gives light [Psalm23 ]

Lastly  ....../God gives light for the guidance of His people./
  Jesus said that He was the light of the world,he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness. [John b v12]As sure as Israel was guided in the wilderness,by a pillar of fire by night,and a pillar of cloud by day [Exodus 40v38],so God will guide His children now.
     Many years ago I received a call to pastor a church in England,on the 11th November we set off on our journey,and I read these words in my daily light, He lead them on safely[Psalm78v53],Behold, I send an angel before thee,to keep thee in the way,and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared[Exodus23 v20]
     What a word to receive at that time,and so it came to pass,Jesus said we shall not walk in darkness,/For this  God is our God forever and ever, He will be our guide even unto death[Psalm 48v14].We are told in all our ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct our paths[Proverbs 3 v6]. Yes God gives light for the guidance of His people,as I look back I can most certainty trace ,Gods providential leading,He shut many doors,but He most defiantly
guided me.
                            All the way my Saviour leads me ,
                            what have I to ask beside ?,
                             Can I doubt His tender mercy,
                              who through life has been my guide ?
                                    [Fanny J.Crosby]
                                 A  prayer.
Dear Lord Jesus we thank You that as we follow You we shall not walk in darkness. Amen.

No comments: