verse of the day

Friday 31 October 2014

Tears. [John 11 v 35 ]

My son was preaching a sermon recently, and found himself nearly crying,he did manage to finish his sermon.I think he felt a bit embarrassed of showing so much emotion in his sermon.At times I can become very emotional when I preach,when I touch on what God has done for me through Christ.Preaching is not acting,performing,no it is ministering ,and when one touches on wonderful biblical truths. I wonder why it is thought strange that someone becomes emotional when they preach.After all our Saviour was called a man of sorrows,when he stood outside Lazuras tomb He wept,When our Saviour looked over Jerusalem we read, He wept,[Luke 19v41],because they had totally exhausted mercy,and the fact that things could have been so different.So when my son weeps when preaching,or myself,I know that we are in good company.Was it not William Booth the founder of the salvation army,said ,when you preach  about hell,preach it with a tear in your eye.
A prayer..../Dear God,we ask You to not just to minister from our heads,but
                   also from our hearts,for the lost, and needy,in Jesus name.
                    Amen./

No comments: