verse of the day

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Be ready. [ i Peter 3 v15-18 ]

My wife and I were out shopping ,when we suddenly and unexpectedly found ourselves being interviewed for channel four news. The interview lasted about 4 mins ,later in the evening we saw
ourselves on  TV ,me, giving an opinion,for about 8 seconds. I must confess when I was asked an opinion on a certain political point, I was not sure what to say.As I have written ,it all happened suddenly,and unexpectedly,it is in 1 Peter 3 v15, we read the following,/be ready always to give and answer to everyman that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you,with meekness and fear/.Now not many people do ask me for a reason for the hope that is in me,but if they did what would I say?./W Barclay/One of the tragedies of the modern situation that there are so many church members,
who, if they were asked what they believe could not tell anyone/. Next James points out if we gave an answer to the question,it must be in a spirit of meekness or gentleness,we are not out to beat the person in an argument,or to destroy them,but with an attitude that will correspond to what it means to be a Christian.Then W Barclay states,/The only unanswerable argument for Christianity is a Christian life. A saint as someone has said ,is someone whose life makes it easier to believe in God/
A  prayer....../Dear Father in Heaven,help us to be faithful in telling others about Jesus,grant that our lives may in some degree reflect the message, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: