verse of the day

Friday 24 October 2014

Underminding grace. [ Luke 18 v9-14/Ephesians 2v8-9]

I recently asked a JW  who he was trying to save,you see there is a tendency within all of us to, as D. Kidner writes, to undermine  grace.Now as a Christian of many years it is vital that I hold on to the truth that it is grace from start to finish in my relationship with God. For all my praying,Bible reading,church going ,giving,it is by grace I am saved through  Jesus,as I have said,grace ,grace ,
grace,even  in heaven it still will be grace.The JW,Mormons,RC ,Muslin's,all walk in a path of deception,for they seek to undermine the truth that we are saved only by the unmerited favour of  God.
I witnessed to man recently,he said he tried to live by Christian principals, I have heard this many times,and all they are saying is underminding ,the truth that we can do nothing to save ourselves.
That mans statement underminds the truth that salvation is of the Lord,every time I sin,I am
reminded that I can do nothing to save myself. This hits at our pride we all think salvation is a do it yourself job,it is not , from start to finish it is the grace of God that saves us.
A  prayer.....// Dear God thak You for reminding us that we are saved by Grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ Amen ./



















No comments: