verse of the day

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Holy objects. [ Matthew 5 v16 ]

I read this recently by Derek Kidner,/ People have always focused more passionately on holy objects, than appeals for holy living/ This is so true,the Muslim's who are murdering poor people,not just IS ,but those who are murdering their Christian neighbours,have their holy places. Of course the history of Christianity is full of  Christians valuing holy relics,and so called holy places,these same Christians burnt people alive ,or tortured those they believed to be heretics.I wear a little cross but there is nothing holy about it,it is merely a symbol,a statement to those around me that I am a Christian,and yet I know that it is by  my life that I show that I am a Christian. Our Saviour said ,let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify Your Father which is in heaven [Matthew 5 v16 ]
A  prayer...../ Dear God help me to see that so called holy objects are of no value or importance,they have no bearing on our salvation,and can never be a substitute for a holy life,in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: