verse of the day

Saturday 2 August 2014

When I was a child.. [ 1 Corinthians 13]

Do you remember the games you used to play when you where young?,blind mans bluff,hide and seek,kick the tin,cowboys and  Indians.I remember swinging  around a lamp post,of climbing trees,these where the days when no one had TV,I remember my friend and I playing with his train set, playing football in the street,not so much traffic in those long lost days.Now I am a seventy year old man,I don't do those things any more,if I did I suppose people would doubt my sanity,no,now no more childish things.It is the apostle who wrote,/When I was a child, I spake as a child,I understood as a child, I thought as a child,but when I became a man,I put  away childish things[1 Corinthians 13 v11] He contrasts three aspects of our being,speech,,our understanding,and the way we think,now in this chapter we are being challenged about love.Let us apply this  to those things ,speech,understanding,and the way we think,as I speak to day will my speech be that of love?,will my understanding be guided by love?, and will  my thought life be controlled by love?.
A  prayer...../Dear God so often we are childish,forgive us,grant us grace that we nay grow into mature and loved controlled Christians,in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: