verse of the day

Thursday 21 August 2014

Walking in the light. [ 1 John 1 v 6-7 ]

In Psalm 119v11, we read,/Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against Thee/
how important it is to store Gods word in our heart,to memorize it,to meditate upon it,if we do then we will be guided in the way of holiness.In my study Bible I read, /Gods word restricts us
from doing that which might cripple us and keep us from being our best.Gods  guidelines help us follow His path, and avoid paths that lead us to destruction/.In v15-16 the Psalmist writes  ,/I will meditate in Thy precepts,and have respect unto Thy ways.I will delight myself in Thy statues,I will not forget thy word./Here is a man who is determined to follow God according to His word,how determined are we?the Christian life is one of walking in the light of Gods word,not according to the changing fancies of society. No drunkenness,no having casual sex,no going along with the crowd,no judging, doing good works,being generous,being faithful,
forgiving, and loving.Like the Psalmist let us not forget Gods word,for if we do that, then we will forget to follow God and His ways,we will be march to the worlds drumbeat,and not to Heavens.
A  prayer....../ Dear God  help us all to walk and live according to Your word in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: