verse of the day

Monday 4 August 2014

Thorns.[ 2 Corinthians 12 v10]

I was feeling upset about an on going problem, which does not go away,yes I have prayed about it continually ,now just recently I have bought a daily devotional called ,/Streams in the desert/,which  I would recommend to you. So I read a reading from it,and the whole reading touched my heart,I want to pass on part of that reading./George Matheson the well known blind preacher from Scotland, once said,/My dear God,I have never thanked You for my thorns. I have thanked You a thousand times for my roses but not once for my thorns.I have always looked forward to the place where I will be rewarded for my cross,but I have never thought of my cross as a present glory itself./ Then George ends with a prayer,which we can all pray.
  /Teach me, O Lord, to glory in my cross. Teach me the value of my thorns. Show me how I have climbed to You, through the path of pain.Show me it is through my tears that I have seen my rainbow. Amen/

No comments: