verse of the day

Sunday 3 August 2014

How long.. [ 1 Thessalonians 4 v 15-18]

Sin has effected not only mankind,but the very creation,the apostle Paul writes in Romans 8 v22,/ For we know that the whole creation,groaneth and travaileth in pain,together until now./ Here are
comments from my study Bible,/Sin has caused all creation to fall from the perfect state in which God created it. The world is in bondage to death and decay/The words of the old hymn proclaims  this truth,/Change and decay in all around we see/.I wonder do you, like me ,ever utter the words ,how long?.I know I do,as I read daily on the suffering of so many,suffering which we all will experience to some degree. How long before we see the end of wars and more wars,how long before we see the end of child abuse,and women being down trodden in many countries.How long before we see the end of injustice,to end of greed,and so we could go on,saying how long. As a Christian I have a sure and certain hope,and it is summed up in the words of that old hymn.My eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.Yes that is my hope,it is called that blessed hope, and rightly so,for when He comes back again, he will make all things new.For those who have trusted Him,we will enter into that new heaven and that new  earth.No longer will I utter those words how long,no longer will Satan and sin rule,no ,our Saviour will rule eternally in righteousness and holiness.
A  prayer..../Dear God help us not to loose hope of a better day coming ,when Jesus returns Amen /

No comments: