verse of the day

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Preaching. [ 2 Timothy 3 v1-6]

I felt a call on my life to preach,when doors closed,I held unto the belief that God had called me to preach,this has never left me,but I have never found it easy.To me it has been a great challenge,a continual step of faith,first you pray as to what to preach on,then you study,again prayerfully,then you preach.It is a step by step act of prayer and faith,I believe one needs tools,commentaries,different translations,a concordance,one may not need to be college trained,but one will need to study.I was talking to a young man in training for the ministry,he was complaining about the number of essays he has to prepare,I reminded him what someone once said,being in the ministry is a lifetime of study.That is in keeping with what we are told in scripture,that we are study to show ourselves approved unto God,a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,rightly dividing the word of truth[2 Timothy 2 v15]Study in a sense can be hard work as Solomon points out in Ecclesiastes 12v12,that much study is a weariness of the flesh. I read something that implied if you used notes when preaching one was not relying on God,that is not so,as I have tried to point out,getting a word,and
preaching that word is an exercise of relying upon God,from start to finish.
A  prayer..../ Dear God,we ask for Your blessings upon all those who are called to minister Your word,anoint them by Your Spirit,and equip them for the task in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: