verse of the day

Monday 18 August 2014

Called to be a preacher.[ James 3 v1]

I  ministered Gods word,It was a challenging word ,the main thing is being faithful,sometime one thinks, should I change it, preach an old sermon.I take preaching of Gods word very seriously as every preacher should,was it Spurgeon who said, keep preaching,even if you hear the archangel  blowing his horn.The Preacher is the watchman,[cp Ezekiel 3 v17 ],and if that is so we will be held accountable ,James gives a word of caution, to all would be preachers,/My brethren , let not many of you become teachers,knowing that we shall receive  a stricter judgement[James 3v1] Many people looking at the preacher,think I could do that ,in fact I want to do it,and I am going to do it.They are unaware what it means,studying,that can be hard work, indeed as someone once said it is a life time of study.Most of the prophets experienced persecution,listen to what God told Jeremiah  [1v19],/ ,they shall fight against thee, and what Ezekiel was told  /But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee,for they will not hearken unto me, for all the house of Israel  are impudent and hardhearted/[Ezekiel 3 v7 ]So consider prayerfully, if the call to be a preacher is genuine,and if it is,then obey that  noble calling.
A  prayer....../Dear God guide all who at this time feel that they are called of God to preach,in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: