verse of the day

Wednesday 1 May 2013

A stumbling block. [ John 3 v27]

Are you wondering why you did not get that job or promotion,or that child, you so longed for,well consider the words of John the Baptist,his followers were concerned that people where following Jesus. To them it appeared that John was loosing out,Jesus was more popular,but John who knew his place,knew his calling,did not feel threatened,and in fact realised that his ministry was temporary,declared./A man can receive nothing,except it be given him from heaven[John 3 v27 ]. A situation in the place where I work,as regards our salary has arisen,we feel we have been not been paid what we should, the union is negotiate on our behalf. I was speaking to one my colleagues, and I said if God wills, we will receive the extra salary,we need to pray about it,he agreed.Do we really believe in the sovereignty of God?,I do. I may struggle with certain things but in the end I rejoice that God is sovereign and He knows best.I also continually have to remind myself that  I am responsible to do the right thing,Joseph always sought to do his best and God blessed him and granted him favour.I really am thankful that God is sovereign, after all my knowledge is so limited,I understand so little of Gods will and plans,I may wonder why,but I will not let the why , become a stumbling block.
A prayer...../Dear God I believe You are sovereign, help me to accept what that means in my life in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: