verse of the day

Saturday 11 May 2013

Fully restored. [ 1 John 3 v2 ]

While driving in my car I was listening to my radio,a lady requested to hear part of Handels Messiah, the part was from Job 19 v 25-27.It did sound lovely,it not only sounded lovely,but the words blessed me greatly,for the words express a wonderful truth,that there is hope inspite of death.,here are the words,/For I know that my redeemer liveth,and that He shall stand upon the earth. And  though after my skin worms destroy this body,yet in my flesh shall I see God.Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another,though my reins be consumed within me./This was a divine statement of faith,Peter wrote ,/Whom having not seen,ye love, though now ye see him not,yet believing,ye rejoice with joy unspeakable, and full of glory [1 Peter 1 v7 ] Yes but one day the words of Job shall ring true for every saint, one day we shall look on our glorious king, our redeemer ,Jesus. Not only will I see Him ,but I shall be like Him. [ 1 John 3 v2 ]. To me this is a great mystery,but a wonderful possibility,the world is full of copy cats,people trying to be like others,as a Christian my deepest desire is to be like Jesus.This is a process[Romans 8 v29] and will be complete when Christ comes back,in the beginning God made us in His image, but as Calvin points out,/Although some obscure lineaments of that image are found remaining in us,yet are they so vitiated and mained, that they may truly be said to be destroyed........no part of us is free from the infection of sin./ I believe Romans 3 shows this to be true,but John declares the wonderful truth,the image will be restored in all its fullness when Christ comes back.
A   prayer ...../Dear God continue to perfect that which concerneth us, till that glorious day when we shall like our wonderful Saviour. Amen /

No comments: